Damn Good Food
The Crowd Pleaser Frittata
Frittata isn't just a fun word, it's a fun recipe to please an brunch fan.
Frittatas make you look like a 5-star chef when you are serving brunch, but they don't come with the price tag of fine-dining. We love them because they are oh so versatile. You can blend together multiple combos of your favorite veggies, proteins, and cheeses. This one incorporates sweet potatoes, peppers, arugula, chicken sausage, and goat cheese. It's hearty, sweet, savory, and tangy all in one. It will leave you feeling full and not heavy.
Prepares 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20-25 minutes
2 tbsp ghee
1 large sweet potato, cubed into dime-size pieces
1/2 a red onion, diced
1 C diced peppers
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
3 precooked nitrate-free and antibiotic-free chicken sausage, sliced into bite-size pieces
1 C arugula or spinach
1/2 tsp red chili flakes
1 tsp herbs de provence
pink salt and ground pepper
12 large eggs
1/4 C coconut cream (full fat), melted or 1/4 C full-fat milk
1 C crumbled goat cheese or shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425. Melt the ghee in a well-seasoned, large cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add sweet potatoes and onions to skillet and cook for 3 minutes, until onions start to get translucent. Then add garlic and peppers, cooking an additional 5 minutes or until sweet potatoes are fork tender and peppers start to caramelize. Stir frequently so garlic does not burn and add your seasonings (chili flakes, HDP, S&P).
- While the veggies are cooking, whisk together the eggs, half the cheese, and melted coconut cream.
- Once the potatoes are tender add sausage and arugula or spinach. Cook an additional 1-2 minutes until greens start to wilt.
- Give your egg mix another whisk and pour evenly over your veggies. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese. Continue to cook on stove top an additional minute until the edges of your frittata start to solidify.
- Place your skillet in the center-rack of the oven and cook for 10-12 minutes until eggs are cooked. Allow to cool and garnish with fresh herbs. Slice with a sharp knife and enjoy warm! Optional salsa or avocado as a side.
- Store remaining frittata in an air-tight container, refrigerated for a bomb weekday breaky.