Green Monster Pancakes
The easiest way to get more greens into yours and your littles diet!
To my mamas with picky toddlers or anyone just trying to eat more greens, this is the easiest recipe to add a little more greens into your life.
1 cup Kodiak Cake Mix
3/4 cup of water
2-3 handfuls of spinach
Optional adds: 1/4 cup Chocolate chips or blueberries
- Add recommended water amount (3/4 cup) and 2-3 handfuls of spinach to a blender. Blend until well combined. It will essentially look like green water.
- Add the green water to a mixing bowl and combine with Kodiak cake mix, chocolate chips/blueberries if adding, and mix well.
- Prepare pancakes on stove top according to package.
- Once cooked, smear peanut butter on top and make a smiley face with chocolate chips, blueberries, and bananas! Call it the green monster and even let your kiddo help decorate it.
- Enjoy your green monster pancakes solo or with your littles.
In general, you can essentially add greens to any pancake mix or recipe you like. By blending it with water and adding fun toppings, this is guaranteed to make a fun activity for your kiddo. Kodiak Cakes are also packed with healthy whole grains and extra protein, so good for mama as well. If you are looking for a simple pancake recipe with minimal ingredients (no protein added), Ambitious Kitchen has a great banana oatmeal pancake recipe that you can make in the blender and simply add a couple handfuls of greens to.