Damn Good Food
Paleo Coconut Banana Muffins
These moist coconut banana muffins taste too good to be grain-free!
Gluten-free baking doesn't have to be dry or bland. These paleo banana muffins are moist and dense. They are also naturally sweetened and awesome to have on hand for a snack on the go or breakfast. Ives dreamed these up during softball season and they were the perfect treat after a game.
Makes 12 muffins
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 C coconut cream
1/4 C coconut oil, melted
1/4 C honey (sub maple syrup or agave if needed)
1/2 C coconut flour
1/2 C unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
Optional toppings: banana chips, coconut flakes, peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350 F and line muffin tin with cupcake liners. Alternatively, use a silicone muffin tin for easy clean up!
- Place all the wet ingredients, including bananas, in a medium mixing bowl and use a hand mixer or whisk to combine.
- Add all dry ingredients to the bowl and mix until well-incorporated; do not over mix.
- Divide batter among muffin tins, filling ~3/4 full. Optional, top each muffin with a dried banana chip or additional coconut flakes and press topping into the batter.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Allow muffins to cool in muffin tin. Serve warm or store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.