Heavenly Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bake
This warm cinnamon apple bake will make the entire house smell heavenly. Save for a rainy day or such a good breakfast prep idea for the week.
Serves approximately 6
2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup almond meal
1 banana, very ripe
1 & 1/3 cups of milk, I used coconut milk from the can
1/3 cup maple syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 large apple or 1 cup chopped into small 1/2 inch cubes (I used honeycrisp) and 1/2 an apple or 8 thin slices for the top
1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a standard baking dish (approx. 9X9), combine all dry ingredients. This includes the oats, almond meal, chia seeds, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, mash banana with 2 eggs, add wet ingreidents: milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and apples
- Mix together thoroughly and then slowly pour mixture over dry ingredients into the baking dish. Flatten the top with a spatula.
- Top dish with 8 thinly sliced apple slices and extra cinnamon.
- Bake for 30-34 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Cool for 5-10 minutes and serve! Save leftovers in and airtight container in the fridge.