Coconut Almond Granola
Granola is a staple in our homes. Sweet, nutty, and crunchy this granola is a perfect add to yogurt or snack on the trail!
Why buy granola at the store when you can make it at home? We love creating our own because the house smells divine. Added bonus you can control what goes in it, including the amount and type of sweetener. If there is a nut allergy, customize the granola by switching the nuts or omit completely and sub dried fruit after the granola cools.
Makes ~4 cups of granola
2 1/2 C old fashioned oats
1 C raw almonds
1 C unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 C coconut oil
1/2 C honey, agave, or maple syrup
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a baking sheet with silicone mat or wax paper.
- Place oatmeal and coconut in a medium mixing bowl.
- Roughly chop almonds and add to oatmeal-coconut mixture.
- In a microwave-safe dish combine coconut oil, and sweetener of your choice. Microwave for 30-45 seconds. Add cinnamon and vanilla extract to the honey mixture and whisk to combine ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and toss with spatula to evenly coat oats and nuts.
- Transfer the granola to your baking sheet, spread evenly, and bake for 30 minutes. Stir the granola after 15 minutes to ensure it bakes on both sides without burning. Remove the granola from the oven and allow to fully cool. Store in an air-tight container for 5-7 days.