Damn Good Food
Chocolate Peanut Butter Granola
Store bought granola is loaded with ingredients you cannot pronounce half the time, not too mention lots of added sugar. You can make your own easily and control exactly what goes in. Did we mention that your house will smell amazing? Let's start with chocolate and peanut butter because who doesn't love that combo? We promise to share more recipes in the future.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
3 C old-fashioned oats
1/4 C each of ground flaxseed, chia seeds, and hemp hearts
3/4 C raw nuts of choice (chopped walnuts, almonds, peanuts, or pecans)
1/3 C 100% cocoa powder
1/2 C peanut butter (creamy or crunchy is fine, but we recommend no sugar added)
*1/3 to 1/2 C liquid sweetener of choice (agave, maple syrup, date syrup, or honey work great)
1/4 C coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
*We prefer granola just slightly sweet, so we use a little less than 1/2 C of liquid sweetener. We will sometimes add chocolate chips to the granola once it's cooled for an added treat!
- Preheat oven to 325 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a microwave safe bowl combine peanut butter, coconut oil, liquid sweetener, and vanilla extract. Microwave 30 sec and stir to combine all ingredients.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients so that cocoa powder is dispersed evenly.
- Pour peanut butter goodness over oat mixture and stir until dry ingredients are coated thoroughly.
- Spread granola mixture evenly on pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and flip granola, then bake additional 10 minutes.
- Remove and allow granola to fully cool. It will be soft initially. As it cools, perfect little granola clusters will form! Store in a tightly-sealed container in cool, dry place.