Balsamic Pulled Pork or Chicken
Slow cooker meals are perfect for the busy mama. Slide this slow cooker fave into your meal rotation.
Slow cooker meals are so great for busy weeks. You can easily prep a protein for the week ahead. This balsamic pork or chicken is just what you need for a satisfying meal. We love pulled pork sliders or sammies and you can pair the meat with our Superfood Slaw for the perfect crunch. Another option is to warm up some leftovers and throw it on a bed of rice, quinoa, or make a salad bowl. The options are endless.
Prepares: 8 servings/sammies
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours on high
3 lb pork shoulder (or chicken thighs)
1 onion, chopped
4-6 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled
1/2 C Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 C Broth (Vegetable, Beef, Chicken work great)
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp agave nectar
1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp red chili flakes
salt and pepper
- Sprinkle the pork or chicken generously on all sides with salt and pepper.
- Add onion and smashed garlic to base of slow cooker. Rest pork or chicken on top of onions and garlic.
- Whisk together the balsamic, broth, soy sauce, agave, Worcestershrie sauce, chili flakes. Pour over pork.
- Set your slow cooker to high for 4 hours. Chicken can take less time than pork --set for 3 hours.
- Use tongs to remove meat from slow cooker to a cutting board. Shred meat into bite size pieces with fork and tongs. Return the meat to the slow cooker. Leave on high or low setting and allow meat to marinade in the flavors for 30-60 minutes before serving.
- Serve on pretzel rolls, Hawaiian rolls, in a salad, over rice or with a side of potatoes. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.