Adapted from Ambitious Kitchen
10 dates, pitted
1 C tahini
¼ C maple syrup
⅔ C cocoa powder
1 tbsp coconut flour
½ tsp baking soda
¼ tsp sea salt
⅓ C chopped dark chocolate --I honestly didn’t measure but just chopped up what I had remaining
Extra Maldon Salt for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a 9 x 9 pan with parchment paper. I sprayed with coconut oil too just in case.
2. Place dates in a bowl and submerge in boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes, longer is fine too.
3. Drain dates and place in food processor with tahini, maple syrup, eggs. Blend until smooth.
4. Add cocoa powder, coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt and chocolate chunks to tahini batter. Fold until well combined without overly mixing.
5. Transfer brownie mixture to the prepared pan. Smooth out top and sprinkle with Maldon flakes.
6. Bake in the center rack for 25 minutes.
7. Remove from the oven and carefully transfer to a cutting board by lifting parchment paper.
8. Allow to cool 5-10 minutes before slicing.