Damn Good Food
Strawberry Mint Spritzer
The ultimate summer cocktail or mocktail.
When strawberries are in season, we want to use them in EVERYTHING. Salads, desserts, just as is or in sweet sips. The fresh berries will also make this one gorgeous cocktail to serve to your girlfriend or for a dinner party. We won't tell anyone if you make this just for yourself mama --self care comes in many ways.
Prepares: 2 cocktails
Prep Time: 10 minutes
1 C fresh strawberries (in season & sweet is key)
Juice of 1 lemon and 2 limes (alt 4 limes or 2 lemons)
15 mint leaves
1 Tbsp agave or sweetener of choice
Pinch of pink salt
1 cup ice, divided
Optional 4 oz liquor of choice: tequila, vodka, or gin all work well
Splash of sparkling water, if adding booze, or more if no booze (LaCroix fan girls over here-use lemon, key lime, plain seltzer, or a fun flavor)
- Rinse and hull strawberries. Place all ingredients except ice and sparkling water in a cocktail shaker.
- Muddle the strawberries until they are mixed well with the mint, lime, and agave.
- Add 1/2 cup ice and liquor of choice, if using. Shake vigorously until outside of shaker is frosty.
- Split remaining ice between two cocktail glasses (I usually serve over a large ice cube). Pour using a strainer and divide strawberry mix between the cocktail glasses. Top with seltzer water and stir.
- Garnish with mint leaf, lime slice, or strawberry as desired!