Chocolate Peanut Butter Date Cups
Our take on the traditional PB chocolate cup with NO refined sugar. Once you pop, I promise, YOU WILL NOT be able to stop. The caramel goodness from the date mixed with the peanut butter and chocolate goodness is NEXT LEVEL. The perfect mini dessert for those late night cravings, because we all have em!
Once you pop, I promise, YOU WILL NOT be able to stop. The caramel goodness from the date mixed with the peanut butter and chocolate goodness is NEXT LEVEL. It has become a staple in both of our households and pro tip is to use a silicon mini muffin pan. It so satisfying as you pop each mini cup out. We like to make mini cups, but you can also use a regular muffin time and simply use the entire date in 1 cup, instead of cutting it in half as noted below. Beware, these do melt so ensure you keep them refrigerated!
Serves: 24 mini date cups
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Refrigerate Time: 30 minutes
Approximately 1 cup peanut butter (or nut butter of choice, I suggest just peanuts or peanuts + salt as the ingredients)
2 cups coconut oil
1 cup 100% cocoa powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp natural liquid sweetener of choice (I used coconut nectar for a lower glycemic index.. AKA it won't spike the blood sugar as high, maple syrup, black strap molasses, date syrup, or honey are also great alternatives)
Pinch of sea salt (optional)
- Cut each date in half and stuff nut butter into opening.
- Place each date into a silicon mini muffin pan (24 mini cups total) and place to the side.
- Heat coconut oil in a pot on the stove over medium heat.
- Once melted, whisk in the cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and coconut nectar or sweetener of choice until well combined.
- Pour the runny chocolate mixture over each of the dates until fully covered, it will look like liquid.
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- If desired, once chocolate has hardened sprinkle with sea salt or simply enjoy with extra PB on top!
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator.