Chocolate PB Cookie Dough Protein Bites
A fan favorite. Husband, mama, and toddler approved! No baking involved, simply combine all ingredients, refrigerate, and store for the week.
Christy started dreaming up this treat soon after becoming a mama. She needed a sweet treat that not only tasted good, but was filled with protein, healthy fas, and fiber to keep the whole family satisfied. When Ives became a mama, she jumped on the band wagon and made them her own by always adding chia and flax to help with the milk making. Insider tip, if you are breastfeeding or running after busy toddlers, double up this recipe to have easy go to snacks for busy week days or adventures on the weekend. Side note, chia and flax have a plethora of health benefits, not just for the milk making mamas ;).
Makes approximately 12
1 1/2 cups old-fashioned quick cooking rolled oats (gluten free if you don't do gluten)
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup protein powder of choice
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (just peanuts and salt)
1/3 cup raw, unfiltered honey
1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup dried coconut flakes
1-2 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
1-2 tbsp flax seeds (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl, option to reserve the dried coconut flakes to roll your balls in at the end. If I'm strapped for time, I simply throw it in when mixing.
- Mix with a spoon until all ingredients are well combined. If it is a bit dry, add more coconut oil.
- Form into 1 inch balls using your hands.
- Roll the balls in dried coconut flakes until completely covered on a separate plate or simply sprinkle on top! All about simple life hacks.
- Arrange on baking sheet or air tight storage container and let set before enjoying, approximately 1 hour for freezer and 3 hours for fridge.
- Stores well in an air tight container in the refrigerator for approximately 1 week and up to 1 moth in the freezer.