Carrot Cake Bliss Balls
Snack balls are a must have in our refrigerators. These are a take on Ives' fave dessert --carrot cake!
Fun Fact: the top tier of Ives' wedding cake was carrot cake it was so damn good. These bliss balls don't have cream cheese frosting, but they have all the other yummy elements of good carrot cake. Plus carrots are loaded in Vitamin A and oats + carrots are great for increasing milk prodcution of breastfeeding mamas.
Prepares 10-12 balls
Prep Time: 40 min
8-10 mejdool dates, pitted
1 C quick oats
1/2 C raw coconut flakes
1/4 C ground flaxseed
1 T ground cinnamon
1 C grated carrots (2 medium carrots with access water squeezed out)
2 T coconut oil, melted
- Soak dates in warm water for 10 minutes. Drain excess water once dates are soft.
- Place all ingredients in food processor. Pulse until well combined. Use a spatula to scrape down sides of food processor.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and mix with your hands until well-combined. Refrigerate for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and start rolling balls into golf ball size. If your hands get sticky, wet your hands slightly to make it easier to handle the "dough".
- Store refrigerated in an air tight container.