Avocado, Beet, Citrus Salad
This citrus salad is great for any time of the year. The mix of grapefruit, beets, avocado, and pistachio is SO refreshing and satisfying. Pairs nicely with salmon or grilled chicken or is great on it's own.
This fresh citrus salad and beet combo is just as refreshing as it is satisfying. If you prep the beets in advance, the rest can be tossed together in the matter of minutes. I have included a video on how to properly peel and slice a grapefruit, definitely check it out!
Prep Time (including roasting beets): 50 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes to roast beets
Prep Time (if beets already roasted): 10 minutes
2-3 cups of salad greens of choice , romaine or butter lettuce preferred to give it a nice crunch
1 large grapefruit, peeled and sliced
1 beet (raw or pre-cooked)
1/2 of a large avocado
1/4 cup shelled and roasted pistachios
1/4 cup goat cheese (optional)
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 lemon, juiced
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1 Tsp salt
Pepper to taste
- Roast the beets by rubbing in olive oil, wrapping in aluminum foil, placing on oven wrack, and baking at 400 degrees for 40 minutes to 1 hour (should be fork tender when you remove from oven)
- Once beet has cooled, peel, and dice into 1 inch squares or wedges.
- Peel the grapefruit, slice out the segments.
- Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and cube one half.
- Place greens in a mixing bowl with beets, avocado, and pistachio.
- Prepare dressing by whisking together the EVOO, lemon juice, garlic, and salt. Add to salad and mix until well combined.
- Sprinkle with goat cheese and season with pepper.